We’re launching a design contest that conveys how amazing and unique our downtown is. We want you to capture what makes us special and translate that into a screen printed design. We encourage you to include our downtown landmarks in your concept.
The winning artwork will be used on merchandise, including t-shirts, that will be available for sale online, at events and at downtown stores.
- Graphic focused, not text intensive
- The words “Downtown Red Wing” need to be incorporated into your design
- All designs submitted should be appropriate for use on t-shirts, bags, and other merchandise.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material
- Vector format is preferred for artwork. Hand drawn submissions are accepted at a minimum 12” x 12” size.
- Your design is for the front of the shirt
- Design may use a maximum of two colors
- There is no limit to the number of times you enter different designs
- Artwork should be appropriate in nature for all audiences
- Submission must include a brief artist statement: the work’s basic ideas in an overview of two or three sentences
Email your design(s) to email@example.com, as a pdf, png or jpg file. Submission deadline is Sunday March 25th by 8pm. Submissions must include artists name, email address, phone number and artist statement.
Criteria for Selecting the Final Designs:
- Whimsical imagery inspired by downtown Red Wing character and uniqueness.
- Evokes pride in downtown Red Wing
- Highlights the character and uniqueness of downtown
All entrants will be notified by email as to whether or not they were selected as a finalist.
Finalists designs will be posted to the public. The public will vote for their favorite design starting Monday March 26th through Monday April 2nd.
The winner will be announced on Wednesday April 4th.
The winner will receive $200 in cash.
**If your design is selected, we reserve the right to use your design in any manner, including but not limited to: reproducing the design, selling items bearing the design, and changing or reworking the design. We also reserve the right to request modifications based on the designs compatibility to screen printing. **
Here are some resources to review for best practices in screen print design:
- How to Prepare Artwork for Screen Printing
- How to Get the Best Screen Print Result from your Art Submissions
- 10 Pro Tips to Creating Better T-Shirt Designs